Saturday, February 18, 2006

Two embarrassing stories from my flights to/from London …

Outward flight to London

Everything was going great. Lauren was loving all the attention and just after take off, I gave her a bottle. She fell asleep until landing!

We got into the airport and I went to the change Lauren and go to the toilet. Only then I noticed that AF (which had been and gone earlier in the week) had decided to put in an appearance. Now, I don’t know if it was due to the sudden change in cabin air pressure but I do know it should not have happened!

My pad was as much use as a chocolate teapot and I had leaked onto my pants and trousers! Then I dropped my only tampon on a dirty wet floor (don’t worry I left it and went to buy new ones!) and when I went to flush, I had picked the only toilet that was flooding!!!!!!!!

Talk. About. Embarrassed. I swear I wanted to get on the next plane home ……..




Return flight to Belfast

Everything was going great. Lauren was loving all the attention and just after take off, I gave her a bottle. She fell asleep until landing!

Mid-flight I felt a drip on my head, then another and another. I looked up and MILK was dripping down from the over head compartment!

Again, I don’t know if it was due to the sudden change in cabin air pressure but I do know it should not have happened! One of Lauren’s bottles had sprung a leak!

All I could to, being belted into the seat with a sleeping baby on top of me, was put my hand up and will it to stop. The some hunky guy in the next aisle seat came to my rescue. He lifted out my baby bag and the got a load of napkins and cleaned up the mess.

I.Have.Never.Been.So.Embarrassed (except for above incident)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! You poor thing! Good thing you had a nice visit.